Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/01 03:26:58 UTC

Re: roller photogallery

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 5:27 AM, Pavel Konnikov <ko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 08:17:28 +0300, Harsha Halgaswatta
>  <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > Dear all
>  >
>  > I am a level 3 Computer Science and Engineering undergraduate at
>  > University
>  > of Moratuwa,Sri Lanka.Currently i have almost finished implementing  a
>  > member section at E-channelling (pvt) Ltd which is the market leader of
>  > health care system upon online channel booking system and first listed
>  > company in Colombo stock exchange.I developed  this project from the
>  > scratch
>  > using STRUTS2 web framework.I am now fairly familiar those areas
>  > passionating specially on JAVA.
>  >
>  > I am interested in collaborating on apache roller photogallery.I have
>  > listed up my idea below
>  > Pl comment on that weather my intention is true as expected.
>  >
>  > As it is just lacking a photo and file uploading mechanism in roller blog
>  > server, it would be better to have efficient mechanism to upload  photos
>  > and files. The cream of  having such a mechanism in point of roller view
>  > is it would support the roller users(web logger users ) in a convenient
>  > and
>  > interesting  way than it is used to be as playing with images , photos
>  > ,and documents may inspire the user.
>  >
>  Imho, "playing with images, photos, and documents" is not primary goal for
>  rollers file upload service.
>  Usability of uploaded files management process is the most important
>  feature.

Yes, I agree with that. Resize, crop and rotate features are nice to
have but they are not the priority at all. I think that the priority
is having a good upload interface, ability to browse uploaded images
easily and then tools for including images/files in blog entries.

- Dave

Re: roller photogallery

Posted by Harsha Halgaswatta <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks

Re: Re: Re: roller photogallery

Posted by Matthias Schmidt <ma...@gmx.de>.
The most basic features would IMHO be crop and resize.

 While creating an entry, a user should be able to directy upload one or
many images and use them in his blog entry without entering an image url
by hand.

 I would like to see an interface where I cut plug-in my code for that.

Re: Re: roller photogallery

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Re: roller photogallery

Posted by Matthias Schmidt <ma...@gmx.de>.

Re: roller photogallery

Posted by Pavel Konnikov <ko...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 05:26:58 +0400, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Imho, "playing with images, photos, and documents" is not primary goal
>> for
>>  rollers file upload service.
>>  Usability of uploaded files management process is the most important
>>  feature.
>
> Yes, I agree with that. Resize, crop and rotate features are nice to
> have but they are not the priority at all. I think that the priority
> is having a good upload interface, ability to browse uploaded images
> easily and then tools for including images/files in blog entries.

The GSoC timeline was extended to April 7.
I already submit my application but may be I need to make any changes?

http://wiki.apache.org/general/PavelKonnikov/GSoC2008/roller-photogallery-proposal

What do you think about this application?

--
Best regards. Pavel Konnikov