Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org> on 2003/11/10 21:57:44 UTC

Goal aware reactor

Dion,

In the multiproject plugin if the reactor looked for special hooks post
execution in a standard way would that make any of the stuff you are
doing with the multiproject plugin easier.

Just thinking about what Vincent is trying to do with the changes
plugin. Basically thinking about making the reactor aware of the goals
it's running and poke the responsible plugin in a known way for
additional hooks.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Goal aware reactor

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
In multiproject builds you often want to run a set of goals on all the
projects, then do something, then run another set. It'd be good if we kept
the projects, once loaded, around and the reactor tag had a way of using
the existing projects (or loading them if not) for the second execution.

Does this help?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

Re: Goal aware reactor