Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hua Hou <hu...@handango.com> on 2003/04/08 20:42:58 UTC

Virtual directory on IIS and Tomcat

I have a question about IIS and Tomcat virtual directory. Please shed some
light on it if you can.
=====================
IIS SETUP

website:
"tomcat" is mapped to <Tomcat-Home>\webapps\ROOT

virtual directory:
"include" is mapped to <Tomcat-Home>\webapps\ROOT

Tomcat physical directory layout:
<Tomcat-Home>
     +-- webapps
           +-- ROOT
                +-- core(directory)
                |     +-- A.jsp

                +-- foo(directory)
                     +-- C.jsp

Inside C.jsp
<jsp:include page="/include/core/A.jsp"/>

In IE browser:

when I browse: http://tomcat.mycompany.com/foo/C.jsp

the servlet engine is trying to resolve:
http://tomcat.mycompany.com/include/core/A.jsp
which does not exist (becaue ROOT/include directory does not exist)

How can I make the <jsp:include page="/include/core/A.jsp"/> to resolve to
the ROOT/core/A.jsp,
instead of ROOT/include/core/A.jsp?

I could remove the "/include" in the <jsp:include
page="/include/core/A.jsp"/> and make it <jsp:include page="/core/A.jsp"/>
But there are too many files for me to do this way. So I am looking for a
cleaner way to do.
(Preferrable through tomcat configuration)

Thanks.

Hua