Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by CrystalCracker <su...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/01 23:58:07 UTC

Webservice with security

First of all, I am sorry that I am fairly new to Web Service, though not to
Java/J2EE. This is my first experience with Web service, and the problem
that I is more of conceptual.

I am provided with a secure service endpoint like:
http://test.test.com:8888/services/SID123

Using axis, I generated the client codes. The ant script that i used for it
is a modified version of
http://xmlgateway.its.utexas.edu/docs/java_ex_wsdl.html
The files that were generated were:

1. TestServiceInterface.java extends java.rmi.Remote
2. TestWS.java extends javax.xml.rpc.Service
3. TestWSBindingStub.java extends org.apache.axis.client.Stub implements
TestServiceInterface
4. TestWSLocator.java extends org.apache.axis.client.Service implements
TestWS

The other that were generated were serializable java classes.

Now I wrote my client application and instantiated the Stub, set the
username, password and end point and called the interface methods, but I got
a remote exception saying "Invalid Username or Password".

My questions are:
1. Since I am invoking secure endpoints, are there any client codes to be
generated for that?
2. Where is my Impl class?
3. Is the build file that I am refereing to complete?

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

CrystalCracker

Re: Webservice with security

Posted by CrystalCracker <su...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dimuthu.
Now I got unsecure endpoints to experiment with and here is what I did after
creating stubs:

	stub = new TestWSBindingStub();
	stub.setUsername("portal");
	stub.setPassword("portal");
	stub._setProperty(javax.xml.rpc.Stub.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY,
"http://test.com:8888/TestWS/TestWS?WSDL");

TestInterface ts= (TestInterface) stub;
stub.getTestData();

This is what I did, but I get java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed
out.
Am I missing  something? This is my first time and I have no idea what is
going on.
Thanks a lot.

Posted by Dimuthu <mu...@apache.org>.
Hi,