Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Xinran Yu Tinney <yu...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/12 16:57:08 UTC

.test file format

Hi,
   Is there a link for how to generate the .test files and what is each
part in it? Thanks!

Xinran

Re: .test file format

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.
It is possible to get the test infra to generate .test files based on the
actual output. For planner tests, they automatically get written
to logs/fe_tests/PlannerTest/.

If you're running end-to-end tests with impala-py.test, you can use the
--update_results flag to get it to generate similar files for tests that
fail. There are some more pitfalls here but it can be a useful tool.

If you use these shortcuts it's still important to manually check the
changes to the files.

Re: .test file format

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.