Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/04 23:38:14 UTC

Re: Data Loading of SIC Codes

Ron,

I found this wiki pages regarding industry classifications and sic codes

   - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industry_classification
   - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Industrial_Classification

Would you say that the sic codes (as per the second link) are correct?

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: Data Loading of SIC Codes

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
That would be handled by an identifier entity.

So, structure your classifications in a way that makes sense to the
internal organization, then assign identifiers (SIC Codes) to those
classifications.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com