Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2013/11/12 22:20:49 UTC

RE: cTAKES installation problem

Pan,
That error seems to be caused by something else (it looks like it can't use the local hsqldb) not invalid umls license validated by their web service).

Try removing any logins to the local database in the xml config:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/trunk/ctakes-dictionary-lookup/desc/analysis_engine/DictionaryLookupAnnotatorUMLS.xml
In particular:
            <configurationParameterSettings>
              <nameValuePair>
                <name>DriverClassName</name>
                <value>
                  <string>org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver</string>
                </value>
              </nameValuePair>
              <nameValuePair>
                <name>URL</name>
                <value>
                  <string>jdbc:hsqldb:res:org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/umls2011ab/umls</string>
                </value>
              </nameValuePair>
              <nameValuePair>
                <name>Username</name>
                <value>
                  <string>SA</string>
                </value>
              </nameValuePair>
              <nameValuePair>
                <name>Password</name>
                <value>
                  <string/>
                </value>
              </nameValuePair>
            </configurationParameterSettings>

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Pan
Also one more thing, per download instructions, ensure you have the resources downloaded:
Resources
Resources are required to run most of cTAKES. They are available for download from: ctakes-resources-3.1.0.zip.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ctakesresources/files/ctakes-resources-3.1.0.zip/download
Please download, unzip and add/merge the contents to the existing resources directory. Follow the User or Developer Install Guide to direct you through the installation process.

--Pei