Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca> on 2010/01/20 16:12:40 UTC

getText() from login.properties but not packages.properties

Good morning,

I created login.properties that contains "username.required=Username
cannot be empty."

If I rename this file to packages.properties, the system always return
the text message, but if the name is not that, the message never returned.

May I know if I want struts2 read login.properties:
(1) where should the login.properties saved?
(2) Do I need any setup in strut.xml or web.xml to
getText("username.required") from login.properties?

Thanks a lot!
--
Lu Ying

Re: getText() from login.properties but not packages.properties

Posted by Bhaarat Sharma <bh...@gmail.com>.
login.properties has to be mentioned in you struts.properties file as

struts.custom.i18n.resources=login

Above means that login.properties resides in WEB-INF/classes

Posted by Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
Please read documentation, everything is explained there.

http://struts.apache.org/2.1.8.1/docs/localization.html
http://struts.apache.org/2.1.8.1/docs/strutsproperties.html

Regards
--