Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Richard Sayre <ri...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/04 13:51:53 UTC

Populate s:select using Hasttable

I am trying to populate a s:select using a Hashtable.

<jsp:useBean id="sessionObject" scope="session" class="aps.UserSession" />
<jsp:useBean id="customer" scope="page" class="aps.Customer"
type="aps.Customer" />

<% customer.getCustomersForUser(sessionObject.getUserName()); %>

<s:form>

    <s:select list="customer.customerList" />

</s:form>

The customer.getCustomersForUser() method populates a Hashtable called
customerList which has the appropiate get and set.

I assumed that calling customer.customerList in the 'list' attribute
would call the customer.getCustomerList which would return the
Hashtable.

When I try to execute the code I get the following error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: tag 'select', field 'list': The
requested list key 'customer.customerList' could not be resolved as a
collection/array/map/enumeration/iterator type. Example: people or
people.{name} - [unknown location]
	org.apache.struts2.components.Component.fieldError(Component.java:231)
	org.apache.struts2.components.Component.findValue(Component.java:293)
	org.apache.struts2.components.ListUIBean.evaluateExtraParams(ListUIBean.java:79)

.
.
.

I verified that the Hashtable is getting populated with data.  Is
there anything I am missing that needs to tell the select that I am
using a Hashtable?

Thank you,

Rich