Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Alexandre Sousa <al...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/08 14:33:56 UTC

Oracle VM is becoming one of the leaders on Magic Quadrant for x86 Virtualization

Hi Guys,

This is the last Gartner Report:
http://www.gartner.com/technology/reprints.do?id=1-1GJA88J&ct=130628&st=sb

Oracle VM is getting better year after year, so I believe that this is a
good reason to include support for Oracle VM 3.x on CloudStack.

Cheers,
Alexandre

Re: Oracle VM is becoming one of the leaders on Magic Quadrant for x86 Virtualization

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Rajesh Battala
<ra...@citrix.com> wrote:
> CS supports 2.x OVM. Is there any great/good features added to ovm 3.x?

Not since 4.0.0 it doesn't.  It suffered from bit-rot, and nobody
stepped up to fix it.

Posted by Rajesh Battala <ra...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Outback Dingo <ou...@gmail.com>.
<al...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> This is the last Gartner Report:
> http://www.gartner.com/technology/reprints.do?id=1-1GJA88J&ct=130628&st=sb
>
> Oracle VM is getting better year after year, so I believe that this is a
> good reason to include support for Oracle VM 3.x on CloudStack.

90% of what gartner claims is paid advertising..... I dont believe any of
the cruft they dish out
and they dont have a very solid track record. However that doesnt mean
OracleVM itself shouldnt
be included, however I have no opinion on it. I just dont think gartner is
a reputable source for the
argument.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
On Mon, Jul 8, 2013, at 07:33 AM, Alexandre Sousa wrote:
> Oracle VM is getting better year after year, so I believe that this is a
> good reason to include support for Oracle VM 3.x on CloudStack.

It doesn't really matter where a hypervisor falls in the "magic
quadrant" - we'd happily take patches for a hypervisor that analysts
aren't hyping. What matters is having someone who steps up and provides
patches and will help keep the code up to date.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net

Re: Oracle VM is becoming one of the leaders on Magic Quadrant for x86 Virtualization

Posted by Outback Dingo <ou...@gmail.com>.