Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Greg Dick <gr...@icesoft.com> on 2008/11/06 18:56:13 UTC

Re: Sticky Session AND session duplication?

Hi,

Ok, this was successful. There was an issue in the ICEfaces framework
that invalidated the session immediately during failover, giving the
impression that the session had no previous values, when in fact a new
session was being created. Thanks all.

Greg

Sanjeev Verma wrote:

> <comment> Can an ICEFaces application have two SESSIONS from the same
> browser? I do not know ICEFaces but I do not think it can, and having
> two connections is different from two sessions. If it is just two (or
> multiple) connections, and your cluster is setup for sticky session,
> then the request should only go the server that the browser is sticky
> with.</comment>

Not two sessions per client, two connections per session. They both need
to arrive at the same Node.