Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by christian bindeballe <ot...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/11 14:23:59 UTC

sourcewriting-transformer

hello everyone.

I have the following problem. I want data entered in a form to be
written to one and the same file in a way that each time the form has
been filled, a new element with the widget-elements of the form as
childs is added to a file.
for example I have this file:

<?xml ...?>

<entry>
    <firstchild/>
    <secondchild/>
</entry>

now after the form has been filled I want the data from the form to be
inside another <entry/>-tag in the file. right now I use the
saveDocument()-function from a sample-flowscript. how do I get the data
from this file into the first one? I see that I need to use a
source-writing transformer on the first file, but getting the required
tags into the file that contains the form data is where I fail right
now. I don't see how, really.

does anybody know?

greetings, christian