Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/30 04:37:37 UTC

Re: Document Processing

I've seen the JSoup HTML parser library used for this. It worked
really well. The Boilerpipe library may be what you want. Its
schwerpunkt (*) is to separate boilerplate from wanted text in an HTML
page. I don't know what fine-grained control it has.

* raison d'être. There is no English word for this concept.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Document Processing

Posted by Tanguy Moal <ta...@gmail.com>.
If your interest is focusing on the real textual content of a web page, you
could try this : JReadability (https://github.com/ifesdjeen/jReadability ,
Apache 2.0 license), which wraps JSoup (as Lance suggested) and applies a
set of predefined rules to scrap crap (nav, headers, footers, ...) off of
the content.

If you'd rather have the possibility to map portions of a webpage to
dedicated solr fields, using JSoup on its own could be a win. Read this :
https://norrisshelton.wordpress.com/2011/01/27/jsoup-java-html-parser/

Hope this helps,

--
Tanguy