Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by tech7 <te...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/09 11:44:42 UTC

Using jQuery with Wicket

I have some html pages including some jquery functionaliy.
For example: select a choice from a select box then click a button moves
this choice to the other select box but what i need to do is also update the
select box (list)content also.
How can I do that? Any suggestions?

With my best regards.

-----
Developer
Wicket
Java
JSP

Re: Using jQuery with Wicket

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.
Create a smaller version of it (a quickstart application) demonstrating what
you want to achieve.

Josh.

Re: Using jQuery with Wicket

Posted by tech7 <te...@gmail.com>.
Thaks to all forum users for their responses.
I have solved the problem.
The problem was related with authentication methodology.

Happy Wicketlying to all

-----
Developer
Wicket
Java
JSP

Re: Using jQuery with Wicket

Posted by tech7 <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrea, code is too long to attach here.
What can I do?

-----
Developer
Wicket
Java
JSP

Re: Using jQuery with Wicket

Posted by andrea del bene <an...@libero.it>.
Hi,

I think you've forgotten adding code

Re: Using jQuery with Wicket

Re: Using jQuery with Wicket

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>.
Hi,

how do you add this label to your page? can you show initialization code
of second page?

Re: Using jQuery with Wicket

Re: Using jQuery with Wicket

Posted by tech7 <te...@gmail.com>.
Josh thank you for response.I will do that.
Also I have another question:
I have a page extending from basepage and i have i second page also
extending from base page.
When I click on submit button on first page it will redirect me to second
page but it gives an error like that:

WicketMessage: Property 'label.date' not found in property files. Markup:
[markup =
file:/D:/usr/glassfish2.1/domains/domain1/applications/j2ee-mo.....

and also at the below part of the error page it also gives an error like
that:
, index = 15, current = [Raw markup]]
     at
org.apache.wicket.markup.resolver.WicketMessageResolver$MessageContainer.onComponentTagBody(WicketMessageResolver.java:217)
     at org.apache.wicket.Component.renderComponent(Component.java:2680)
     at
org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onRender(MarkupContainer.java:1538)
     at org.apache.wicket.Component.render(Component.java:2511)
     at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.autoAdd(MarkupContainer.java:229)
     at
org.apache.wicket.markup.resolver.WicketMessageResolver.resolve(WicketMessageResolver.java:148)
     at
org.apache.wicket.markup.resolver.ComponentResolvers.resolve(ComponentResolvers.java:81)
     at
org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.renderNext(MarkupContainer.java:1444)
     at
org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.renderComponentTagBody(MarkupContainer.java:1603)
     at
org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onComponentTagBody(MarkupContainer.java:1527)
     at org.apache.wicket.Component.renderComponent(Component.java:2680)
     at
org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onRender(MarkupContainer.java:1538)
     at org.apache.wicket.Component.render(Component.java:2511)
     at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.autoAdd(MarkupContainer.java:229)
     at
org.apache.wicket.markup.resolver.MarkupInheritanceResolver.resolve(MarkupInheritanceResolver.java:66)
     at
org.apache.wicket.markup.resolver.ComponentResolvers.resolve(ComponentResolvers.java:81)
     at
org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.renderNext(MarkupContainer.java:1444)
     at
org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.renderComponentTagBody(MarkupContainer.java:1603)
     at
org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onComponentTagBody(MarkupContainer.java:1527)
     at org.apache.wicket.Component.renderComponent(Component.java:2680)
     at
org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onRender(MarkupContainer.java:1538)
     at org.apache.wicket.Component.render(Component.java:2511)
     at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.autoAdd(MarkupContainer.java:229)
     at
org.apache.wicket.markup.resolver.MarkupInheritanceResolver.resolve(MarkupInheritanceResolver.java:73)
     at
org.apache.wicket.markup.resolver.ComponentResolvers.resolve(ComponentResolvers.java:81)
     at
org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.renderNext(MarkupContainer.java:1444)
     at
org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.renderAll(MarkupContainer.java:1554)
     at org.apache.wicket.Page.onRender(Page.java:1594)
     at org.apache.wicket.Component.render(Component.java:2511)
     at org.apache.wicket.Page.renderPage(Page.java:932)
     at
org.apache.wicket.request.target.component.BookmarkablePageRequestTarget.respond(BookmarkablePageRequestTarget.java:261)
     at
org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.respond(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:105)
     at
org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.processEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:1258)
     at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:1329)
     at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1436)
     at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:545)
     at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doGet(WicketFilter.java:486)
     at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:319)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:246)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:214)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:313)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:287)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:218)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:648)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:593)
     at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebPipeline.invoke(WebPipeline.java:94)
     at
com.sun.enterprise.web.PESessionLockingStandardPipeline.invoke(PESessionLockingStandardPipeline.java:98)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:222)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:648)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:593)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:587)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1093)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:166)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:648)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:593)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:587)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1093)
     at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:291)
     at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.invokeAdapter(DefaultProcessorTask.java:666)
     at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.doProcess(DefaultProcessorTask.java:597)
     at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.process(DefaultProcessorTask.java:872)
     at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.executeProcessorTask(DefaultReadTask.java:341)
     at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.doTask(DefaultReadTask.java:263)
     at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.doTask(DefaultReadTask.java:214)
     at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.TaskBase.run(TaskBase.java:264)
     at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.ssl.SSLWorkerThread.run(SSLWorkerThread.java:106)

I did not understand this error because pages have own properties file and
labels are inside this files.
Could you please give me an idea about this error? What can I do?

-----
Developer
Wicket
Java
JSP

Re: Using jQuery with Wicket

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.
on the first Select , and an ajax form compenent behavior for 'onchange' ,

On the implementation ,  remove the item from the first select's model, add
it to the other select component's model then add both select components to
the  target.

Also use LoadableDetachableModels for your select components so that their
contents is 'recalculated' a fresh when its rendered.
Am assuming you know about models and Ajax behaviours.

Josh.

Re: Using jQuery with Wicket

Posted by tech7 <te...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your response.
Actually this is not meet with my requirements.
Any other suggestion?

-----
Developer
Wicket
Java
JSP

Re: Using jQuery with Wicket

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>.
Hi tech7,

could Palette component be helpfull for you?

http://wicketstuff.org/wicket14/compref/?wicket:bookmarkablePage=:org.apache.wicket.examples.compref.PalettePage