Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Krista Leopold <le...@east.infosec.navy.mil> on 2007/09/12 15:13:16 UTC

PowerPoint Extraction

Hello all,

I realize that I am asking a "just barely Lucene" question, but I am certain
someone on this list knows the answer to what I am on a quest for.  I want
to use the HSLF portion of apache's POI to do text extraction for my index,
but I am having a really hard time obtaining either the source files or a
jar?  I have clicked every link I can find that promises the source code,
downloaded POI 3.0 Final, and scratchpad and....  I'm still empty-handed!
If you have a link or a file or something that can help me, I will be
indebted to you.

Thanks so much for your consideration!
Krista

Re: PowerPoint Extraction

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, Krista Leopold wrote:
> I realize that I am asking a "just barely Lucene" question, but I am
> certain someone on this list knows the answer to what I am on a quest
> for.  I want to use the HSLF portion of apache's POI to do text
> extraction for my index, but I am having a really hard time obtaining
> either the source files or a jar?

Go to http://poi.apache.org/

Follow the download link from the left hand menu to
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/poi/ , and pick which mirror you want
to use

You'll probably want a release rather than dev, then pick between source
(src) and binary (bin). Download in your prefered archive format

Nick