Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vernon <Ve...@b2unow.com> on 2002/03/16 13:57:45 UTC

Apache shutting down...

I have noticed that when Log Watch runs on my computer in the am hours
that shortly there after (a few minutes) Apache shuts down. I have a
program called daemontools which I use to keep my Jabber server running
and upon looking at the start up script for Apache I find it's a little
difficult to figure out how Apache is starting. The way daemontools works
is I place a script file called "run" in the directory where Apache lives
with the appropriate command to start Apache, the I place another command
to start Apache in boot up the that points to the directory where the run
comamnd lives with the command supervise (i.e. supervise /usr/sbin/httpd).
Daemontools supervises Apache and if Apache is shut off for any reason
starts it.

My question is, is anyone using this or another program to make sure that
Apache doesn't go down?

Thanks