Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com> on 2004/04/04 06:44:23 UTC

Need more white rules

OK - want to start a discussion on this. We're getting very good at
black rules - but I think the next frontier in accuracy is improving
white rules.

Now - I know white rules are harder because we can't have rules that
spammers can user to bypass filtering - but - having said that - I still
think its doable.

The reason for more white rules is that black rules are not 100%
accurate and if a message hits enough - it becomes a false positive.
White rules act to retrieve a message that might otherwise become spam
except for the white rules drag it back from the dead.

So - looking for ideas and looking to encourage an effort to focus on
white rulesand widen the gap between spam and nonspam.