Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Sai Boorlagadda <sa...@apache.org> on 2018/08/08 18:32:53 UTC

[Proposal] Windows CI integration to 'develop' pipeline.

All,

We would like to add windows jobs (UnitTests, Integration, Acceptance, and
GfshDistributedTests) to the 'develop' pipeline.
Looking for feedback on what the community wants to see:

1) Add windows jobs parallel to existing test jobs
2) Add windows jobs serial to the corresponding non-windows jobs

Tradeoffs between 1 & 2
- The advantage is the pipeline time is potentially unchanged and
remains as the
max of all jobs when parallel compared to doubling when its serial (even in
the case where windows jobs beat the times of current jobs).
- The downside is that its less readable and one has to zoom in to see the
details.

Limitations:
- only a subset of DUnits are running (GfshTest category)
- cannot run tests in parallel with docker at the moment

In both cases, we are not planning to add the downstream dependencies until
we improve the job run times.
Our preference would be #1.

Sai

Re: [Proposal] Windows CI integration to 'develop' pipeline.

Posted by Sai Boorlagadda <sa...@apache.org>.
Windows jobs are live and run in parallel to existing jobs.

Posted by Sai Boorlagadda <sa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.
+1 for in parallel.

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.