Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Renjie Liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/20 02:39:57 UTC

Fwd: [DISCUSS] Rust add adapter for parquet

cc:Sunchao and Any

Posted by Ivan Sadikov <iv...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

That would be great! Agree with Chao and Wes, we should do it similar to
parquet-cpp, as long as it does not make it difficult for others to work
with the Arrow repository:).

Ha, Arrow data source sounds interesting. I will also catch up on the Arrow
development.

Cheers,

Ivan

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. I will review today and start a vote about the code donation.

I know that we already voted to accept in Apache Parquet, but I want
to double check that the Arrow community is also on board with sharing
responsibility for this code. If the Parquet community wants to make
Rust Parquet releases, this is something that can be discussed and
handled later.

Do any corporations have IP rights in this code (to see if a Software
Grant Agreement is necessary)? Otherwise your ICLAs are sufficient.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com>.
Renjie,

Posted by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com>.
Renjie,

Posted by Renjie Liu <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
hi folks,

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
hi folks,

Posted by Renjie Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Chao:

Posted by Renjie Liu <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.
(s/flink/arrow - it is a mistake?)

Posted by Renjie Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
This thread is for arrow, I'm sorry for sending it to flink community by
mistake.

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Renjie,