Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Fabian Gaul <Fa...@GMA-mbh.de> on 2002/07/04 10:11:21 UTC

ERROR 10257 "Please specify at least one starting URI" --> cocoon 2.0.2

Hi !
I have a problem:
I have installed Cocoon 2.0.2 on Apache Tomcat 4.0.4 and Apache Webserver
2.0.36.
the cocoon installation is complete...cocoon.war, sendmail,....I have
installed everything
what the instruction says.
but when I type "run" to run cocoon, it shows me the error:

 ERROR 10257 "Please specify at least one starting URI"

any ideas ???

RE: ERROR 10257 "Please specify at least one starting URI" --> cocoon 2.0.2

Posted by Koen Pellegrims <ko...@pandora.be>.
Where are you typing "run"? You should not start Cocoon yourself, you should
place the cocoon.war file in your tomcat 'webapps' directory and start
Tomcat (or, in your case: Apache). When you access you webserver via a
browser (http://<server>:<port>/cocoon), Cocoon is automagically unpacked
(this might take a while) and you should see the welcome pages.

I can only assume you are trying to run the command-line version. You can
use this if you want a static version of you website. You have to provide a
starting URI and the command will crawl through the website and get all
pages into a separate directory.

Please be clear as to what you are trying to do:
1) run Cocoon on you webserver to build dynamical, XML-based
web-applications
  (*alert* marketing talk)
2) run Cocoon from the command-line to generate a static version of your
Cocoon-site

K.