Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Ed Hill <ed...@eh3.com> on 2008/01/19 14:53:42 UTC

autoconf check for help2man

Hi folks,

I recently learned about QPID and am excited about the prospect of a
native C++ lib that can "do JMS" and more.  Very cool!

In any case, I pulled the latest from SVN and, inside "cpp", ran:

  ./bootstrap
  ./configure --prefix=/tmp/qpid_test
  make

but the build failed since I didn't have help2man installed.  Attached
is a tiny patch that checks for it.  I've tested the patch and it
"works for me" both with and without help2man installed so perhaps you
would consider it?

many thanks!
Ed

ps - I'm using a vanilla Fedora 8 x86_64 system.

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD  |  ed@eh3.com  |  http://eh3.com/

Re: autoconf check for help2man

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
Ed Hill wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:58:57 +0000 "Robert Greig" wrote:
>> We would welcome any feedback you have on the API or the broker in
>> general.
>
> Cool!  I've used ActiveMQ-CPP (which I like--it was convenient within
> a predominantly C++ project) but at this point I'm just trying to learn
> what QPID can do and how to use it.
>

>> Unless you have already signed the apache committer agreement, we need
>> you to attach the patch to a jira issue - which has a feature to allow
>> you to grant the right to us to use your patch.
>>
>> To make it easier I have created a Jira for this issue - could you
>> attach your patch to it and click the agreement box? The URL is:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-752
>
> Thank you!  Its attached.
>
> Ed

Comitted, thanks Ed.

Re: autoconf check for help2man

Posted by Ed Hill <ed...@eh3.com>.

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 19/01/2008, Ed Hill <ed...@eh3.com> wrote:

> I recently learned about QPID and am excited about the prospect of a
> native C++ lib that can "do JMS" and more.  Very cool!

We would welcome any feedback you have on the API or the broker in general.

> but the build failed since I didn't have help2man installed.  Attached
> is a tiny patch that checks for it.  I've tested the patch and it
> "works for me" both with and without help2man installed so perhaps you
> would consider it?

Thanks for providing this.

Unless you have already signed the apache committer agreement, we need
you to attach the patch to a jira issue - which has a feature to allow
you to grant the right to us to use your patch.

To make it easier I have created a Jira for this issue - could you
attach your patch to it and click the agreement box? The URL is:

Many thanks,

Robert