Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Bhavani <bh...@yahoo.com> on 2009/04/09 22:44:23 UTC

Allow tag does not restrict access

HI,

We recently started implementing jspwiki. JAAS security is enabled and everything works fine. But I am not able to control access to page edits using the allow tag. Also everyone is able to edit the admin group. Even people who are not members of the group can edit the group. So please help me with the following questions.

1. What am I missing that the allow tag is not working as it should be ?
2. Is there a way to control non-members from editing the groups?

-Bhavani

Re: Allow tag does not restrict access

Posted by Bhavani <bh...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Any ideas on how to solve this issue? If you need more information, please let me know.

Posted by Bhavani <bh...@yahoo.com>.
Here is what I have changed:

jspwiki.policy: Commented out all the permissions for All, Ananymous and Asserted roles and just kept the Admin and Authenticated roles.

grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "All" {
};
grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "Anonymous" {
};
grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "Asserted" {
};

grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "Authenticated" {
    permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission "*:*", "modify,rename";
    permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.GroupPermission "*:*", "view";
    permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.GroupPermission "*:<groupmember>", "edit";
    permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.WikiPermission "*", "createPages,createGroups";
};

grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.GroupPrincipal "Admin" {
    permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.AllPermission "*";
};
grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "Admin" {
    permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.AllPermission "*";
};

jspwiki.properties: Using a custom login module and enabled JAAS security:

jspwiki.loginModule.class =com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.login.UserDatabaseLoginModule
jspwiki.security =jaas
web.xml: Added a filter and mappings for authenticating using SSO

   <filter>
      <filter-name>AuthenticationFilter</filter-name>
      <filter-class>com.hgst.wiki.sso.SSOAuthenticationFilter</filter-class>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>redirectUrl</param-name>
        <param-value>/sso/wiki</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>logoutUrl</param-name>
        <param-value>/portal/site/hiwire/template.LOGOUT/action.process/</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>hiwireUrl</param-name>
        <param-value>/portal/site/hiwire</param-value>
    </init-param>
   </filter>

   <filter-mapping >
       <filter-name>AuthenticationFilter</filter-name>
       <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
       <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
       <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
   </filter-mapping>

The page I am trying to view has the following content:
[{ALLOW view Administrator}]
[{ALLOW edit Administrator}]
This is a wiki admin group.

Pls let me know if you need any other info.

-Bhavani
Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Posted by Bhavani <bh...@yahoo.com>.
We are using version 2.8.1

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Which version of JSPWiki do you use?

/Janne

Posted by "Carlson, Eric R" <er...@kroger.com>.
Harry,

        The page is very simple.  Here it is :

-----------------------------

[{ALLOW view #955203}]
[{ALLOW edit #955203}]

Only #955203 should be allowed to view or edit this page.

----------------------------------

        I realize the view and edit are sort of redundant, but I figured it should still work.

                                                Eric R. Carlson
                                                        Eric.Carlson@kroger.com
                                                        (513)-387-7739

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
Eric,Bhavani,

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
I was just waiting to see if the problems that had cropped up were
real or my deployment issues.  I guess it could be launched.

/Janne

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
Well,

Posted by Andrew Jaquith <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bhavani <bh...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I did some more research into this issue. I added the two properties to the jspwiki.properties to enable debug logs for authorization.

So when jspwiki starts I see the following logs which show the ACL's I have on two pages: Main and Administration:

2009-04-13 15:22:01,802 [server.startup : 0] DEBUG com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.acl.DefaultAclManager  -   user = Bhavani: (("com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission","JSPWiki:Main","edit"))

2009-04-13 15:22:01,831 [server.startup : 0] DEBUG com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.acl.DefaultAclManager  - Adding new acl entry for edit
2009-04-13 15:22:01,831 [server.startup : 0] DEBUG com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.acl.DefaultAclManager  -   user = Administrator: (("com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission","JSPWiki:Admin","edit"))

And whenever a user logs in I see the following stmt in the log:

2009-04-13 15:30:29,234 [WebContainer : 1] DEBUG com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.acl.DefaultAclManager  - Adding to old acl list: [WikiPrincipal (fullName): Bhavani], edit
2009-04-13 15:30:29,234 [WebContainer : 1] DEBUG com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.acl.DefaultAclManager  -   user = Bhavani: (("com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission","JSPWiki:Main","edit"))

When this user tries to edit the 'Main' page which the user does not have access to, the user first of all is able to edit the page and then I see this in the log:

2009-04-13 15:32:26,710 [WebContainer : 3] DEBUG com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.acl.DefaultAclManager JSPWiki:/wiki/wiki/Main JSPWiki:http://w3dev.hitachigst.com/wiki/wiki/Main - Adding to old acl list: [WikiPrincipal (fullName): Bhavani], edit
2009-04-13 15:32:26,711 [WebContainer : 3] DEBUG com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.acl.DefaultAclManager JSPWiki:/wiki/wiki/Main JSPWiki:http://w3dev.hitachigst.com/wiki/wiki/Main -   user = Bhavani: (("com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission","JSPWiki:Main","edit"))

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.