Posted to user@gora.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/23 14:53:07 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Gora 0.4 Release

Good Afternoon Everyone,

The Apache Gora team are very proud to announce the immediate release of
Gora 0.4 which is a major release for the project.

The Apache Gora open source framework provides an in-memory data model and
persistence for big data. Gora supports persisting to column stores, key
value stores, document stores and RDBMSs, and analyzing the data with
extensive Apache Hadoop™ MapReduce support. Gora uses the Apache Software
License v2.0.

This release addresses no fewer than 60 issues. Major improvements within
the release scope comprise a complete upgrade to Apache Avro 1.7.X and
overhaul of the Gora persistency API (such improvements enable Gora to be
used to map much more expressive and complicated data structures than
previously available), upgrades to Apache HBase 0.94.13, Apache Cassandra
2.0.X and Apache Accumulo 1.5.X.
Users can also benefit from using Gora + Solr for object-to-datastore
mapping with the addition of the new Solr module which uses Solr 4.X.

Gora sources tar.gz and .zip release artifacts (along with signatures) can
be obtained from visiting our DOWNLOADS [0] page. We also encourage users
to upgrade their build dependencies using our published Maven Artifacts [1].

Please redistribute this email to your project mailing list.

Thanks
Lewis
(on behalf of the Apache Gora team)

[0] http://gora.apache.org/downloads.html
[1] http://search.maven.org/#search|ga|1|gora

--
*Lewis*

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Gora 0.4 Release

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Great news for sure!

Renato M.

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Julien,

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 1:56 PM, Julien Nioche <
lists.digitalpebble@gmail.com> wrote:

> Great news! Well done and thanks to everyone involved. I am sure this will
> be popular with the Nutch 2.x users.

+1

> BTW I can smell a rematch of
> http://digitalpebble.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/nutch-fight-17-vs-221.html now
> that GORA-119 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-119> has been
> committed.

Definitely :)
Best

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Great news for sure!

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Julien,

Posted by Apostolis Giannakidis <ap...@gmail.com>.
Great news!! Let's spread the news!

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Great news for sure!

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Julien,

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Talat Uyarer <ta...@uyarer.com>.
I am happy to see this email. I start to work on NUTCH-1714.

Thanks Lewis.
 23 Nis 2014 15:53 tarihinde "Lewis John Mcgibbney" <

Posted by Talat Uyarer <ta...@uyarer.com>.

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
It's in central repository :)
But not yet in the Apache mirrors, I'd say let's wait for a little longer.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Apostolis Giannakidis <ap...@gmail.com>.
Lewis,

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.