Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/23 14:30:08 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-332: Update AclCommand to use AdminClient API

Hi all,

I have created a KIP to use AdminClient API in AclCommand (kafka-acls.sh)

*https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-332%3A+Update+AclCommand+to+use+AdminClient+API*
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-332%3A+Update+AclCommand+to+use+AdminClient+API>

Please take a look.

Thanks,

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-332: Update AclCommand to use AdminClient API

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Manikumar,

It's great that you are taking a look at this!  Much needed.

Just one note: I assume that --authorizer-properties is no longer required if the --bootstrap-server option is specified.  We should probably spell this out somewhere in the KIP.

thanks,
Colin

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Bumping this up!