Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sa...@twinix.com on 2008/02/04 11:29:59 UTC

Re: mod_jk for OS X PPC

See Thread at: http://www.techienuggets.com/Detail?tx=16694 Posted on behalf of a User

hi. i have an iphone and i try to downgrade it with ibrickr. it seems to work but i have a big problem. your program is start running stops and restart iphone. i dont know what to do. please help me . thanks loizos

Hi.
I'm a developer of a JBoss/Tomcat app. I work on a Mac. I upgraded my
Mac's OS on Saturday to OS X 10.5 (Leopard). Prior to the upgrade I
was using the version of Apache that came with 10.4, which I think was
1.3. Apple is shipping 2.2.6 with 10.5. They don't include the mod_jk
module built for the OS with the non-server version of the OS. (I
guess they might with the server version, I'm not sure.) Anyway, I
need mod_jk in order for Apache to talk to Tomcat, so I went to the
Tomcat Connectors pages and found that mod_jk is only available in an
x86 version as a binary. So I downloaded the source, installed the
XCode tools so that I could try to compile it. I'm unable to find
apxs2 on my hard drive, but I have a apxs file in my /usr/sbin
directory, so I thought I would try to build using:
./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs
When I install the resultant mod_jk.so, Apache complains that it found
mod_jk mach-o, but it is for the wrong architecture.
If anyone has already done this, I'd love to hear from you.
Thank you,
Richard

Re: mod_jk for OS X PPC

Posted by BuildSmart <bu...@daleenterprise.com>.
On Feb 4, 2008, at 5:29 AM, samk@twinix.com wrote:

> See Thread at: http://www.techienuggets.com/Detail?tx=16694 Posted
> on behalf of a User
>
> hi. i have an iphone and i try to downgrade it with ibrickr. it
> seems to work but i have a big problem. your program is start
> running stops and restart iphone. i dont know what to do. please
> help me . thanks loizos

> Hi.
> I'm a developer of a JBoss/Tomcat app. I work on a Mac. I upgraded my
> Mac's OS on Saturday to OS X 10.5 (Leopard). Prior to the upgrade I
> was using the version of Apache that came with 10.4, which I think was
> 1.3. Apple is shipping 2.2.6 with 10.5. They don't include the mod_jk
> module built for the OS with the non-server version of the OS. (I
> guess they might with the server version, I'm not sure.) Anyway, I
> need mod_jk in order for Apache to talk to Tomcat, so I went to the
> Tomcat Connectors pages and found that mod_jk is only available in an
> x86 version as a binary. So I downloaded the source, installed the
> XCode tools so that I could try to compile it. I'm unable to find
> apxs2 on my hard drive, but I have a apxs file in my /usr/sbin
> directory, so I thought I would try to build using:
> ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs
> When I install the resultant mod_jk.so, Apache complains that it found
> mod_jk mach-o, but it is for the wrong architecture.
> If anyone has already done this, I'd love to hear from you.
> Thank you,
> Richard

Hundreds of times I've build it and it always works for me.

Try the following flag "--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs"

Also you have to build for x86_64 since apache is running in 64bit in
10.5?

-- Dale