Posted to user@geode.apache.org by João Peixoto <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/16 20:51:57 UTC

Connecting a custom server with an existing locator

This may be getting close to spam, but these details are really hard to
find out (at least it seems like it).

I have a locator running on a shell: "gfsh> start locator --name=locator"
and everything looks good.

Now I have a Java project where I boot up a Cache Server configured with a
cache-config.xml:

<gfe:cache />
    <gfe:cache-server />

    <gfe:partitioned-region id="Metric">
        <gfe:cache-listener>
            <bean class="LoggingCacheListener" />
        </gfe:cache-listener>
    </gfe:partitioned-region>

I cannot find out the configuration needed to get this server to
communicate the the above locator. Can anyone point me to the write docs? I
was looking at
http://geode-docs.cfapps.io/docs/configuring/running/running_the_cacheserver.html
but hasn't helped much so far.

Re: Connecting a custom server with an existing locator

Posted by João Peixoto <jo...@gmail.com>.
Btw, telnet localhost 49000 works as you said. Connects and after some
noise closes my connection.

Posted by João Peixoto <jo...@gmail.com>.
The closest message I see is:

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by João Peixoto <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by james bedenbaugh <jb...@pivotal.io>.
Check your hosts file.

joaomppeixoto at gmail.com

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.

--
-John
503-504-8657

Re: Connecting a custom server with an existing locator

Posted by Luke Shannon <ls...@pivotal.io>.