Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Chris K Wensel <ch...@wensel.net> on 2011/05/02 18:59:36 UTC

Hiring senior Java developers to contribute to Cascading core

Hey all

Just a quick note to let everyone know that I’m looking to hire a core Cascading developer to work on the 2.0 version with me.

This would be a full time product development and R&D position with my company Concurrent, Inc.

At a high level the focus will be on API and query model improvements, planner optimizations, and further improvements around integration.

Some people may have heard that 2.0 so far has removed all dependencies on Hadoop, this is true. It has allowed us to focus on process planning against more complex topologies that will emerge as new Hadoop inspired applications emerge, while better supporting stock Hadoop distributions and forks.

Subsequently I am looking for very experienced Java developers who have been working with Hadoop for a bit, and have a strong bent towards optimization and compiler design.

If interested in chatting, please feel free to email me directly.

FWIW, I am hiring for other positions too, so don’t hesitate to inquire.
http://www.concurrentinc.com/careers/

cheers,
chris

--
Chris K Wensel
chris@concurrentinc.com

-- Concurrent, Inc. offers mentoring, support for Cascading

Re: Hiring senior Java developers to contribute to Cascading core

Posted by Mahi <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris

This is Mahidhar Pala. I am currently working as an IVR Consultant.

I do have some hands on experience with Hadoop, Hive, JAQL and pig. I did my masters project at UNC Greensboro starting from setting up a small cluster in the lab, to generating test data and then comparing these languages.

I am open for part time opportunities, so if you do have any suitable openings please do let know.

Thanks
Mahi