Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Ross Daws <Ro...@hubbub.com.au> on 2000/11/02 02:03:30 UTC

Trouble with Serializers

Hi All.

I'm trying to use the apache soap implementation under java, and I've run
into a problem with serializers.

The parameter I'm passing in to the method call is an int, and so the my
envelope is using encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/

however when it comes to the return, which is an org.w3c.dom.Element, I get
the following exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Serializer found to serialize a
'org.w3c.dom.Element' using encoding style
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'. 	at
org.apache.soap.util.xml.XMLJavaMappingRegistry.querySerializer(XMLJavaMappi
ngRegistry.java:125) 	at
org.apache.soap.encoding.SOAPMappingRegistry.querySerializer(SOAPMappingRegi
stry.java:297) 	at
org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.ParameterSerializer.marshall(ParameterSeria
lizer.java:98) 	at
org.apache.soap.rpc.RPCMessage.marshall(RPCMessage.java:260) 	at
org.apache.soap.Body.marshall(Body.java, Compiled Code) 	at
org.apache.soap.Envelope.marshall(Envelope.java, Compiled Code) 	at
org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost(RPCRouterServlet.java,
Compiled Code) 	at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760) 	at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) 	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code) 	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:597)
at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:257)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) 	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code) 	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559) 	at
onnectionHandler.java:160) 	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code) 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Does anyone know how to set the encoding type for the return of a call to be
different to that encoding type used for the parameters?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Ross