Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Skollur <Sk...@idbny.com> on 2018/07/16 17:18:29 UTC

Running Server Node in UNIX

Hello,

I am trying to run Ignite in Unix and getting below error. Same program runs
works from Eclipse.

Command:
java -cp /opt/cache/ignite-cache.jar
com/test/cache/init/ServerNodeCodeStartup

Packaged into ignite-cache.jar

Class Structure:
 -com/test/cache/*.classes
 -lib/*.jar
 -META-INF

Output :
org/apache/ignite/spi/discovery/tcp/ipfinder/TcpDiscoveryIpFinder
        at
com.idb.cache.init.ServerNodeCodeStartup.main(ServerNodeCodeStartup.java:15)
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.TcpDiscoveryIpFinder
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:349)
        ... 1 more
==============================

Re: Running Server Node in UNIX

Posted by Вячеслав Коптилин <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

please try the following:
java -cp
/opt/lib/*:/path-to-your-working-directory-where-class-files-are-stored/
com.cache.init.ServerNodeCodeStartup

I think that these links will be very helpful for you:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/219585/including-all-the-jars-in-a-directory-within-the-java-classpath
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/10/tools/java.htm#GUID-3B1CE181-CD30-4178-9602-230B800D4FAE__BABDJJFI

Thanks.

Posted by Skollur <Sk...@idbny.com>.
is any help on this?

Re: Running Server Node in UNIX

Posted by Skollur <Sk...@idbny.com>.
Thank you. I have all jars in lib as below and added to the cp command.

lib folder -
./lib/ignite-indexing-2.5.0.jar
./lib/ignite-rest-http-2.5.0.jar
./lib/mssql-jdbc-6.4.0.jre8.jar
./lib/ignite-slf4j-2.5.0.jar
./ib/...jar

source code compiled as below structure(.class)
-com/cache/constant/*.class
-com/cache/domain/*.class
-com/cache/load/*.class
-com/cache/init/ServerNodeCodeStartup.class

Tried both below.
1)java -cp ./opt/lib/*.jar com/cache/init/ServerNodeCodeStartup and output
Error: Could not find or load main class
com.cache.init.ServerNodeCodeStartup

2)cd /com/cache/init/
Tried java -cp ./opt/lib/*.jar ServerNodeCodeStartup and output

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
You cannot include JARs into another JAR, Java is not going to add them to
classpath. You should list all required JARs in the '-cp' parameter, or
create an uber-JAR with all the dependencies unpacked there.

-Val

Re: Running Server Node in UNIX

Posted by Skollur <Sk...@idbny.com>.
I don't have IGNITE_HOME set up from my windows- eclipse and able to run
without any issue.
I have ignite-core, ignite-spring, ignite-indexing and ignite-rest-http in
the pom.xml.

I am trying to run same structure in UNIX. I have required libs in the jar.
Is anything am i missing?

Re: Running Server Node in UNIX

Posted by aealexsandrov <ae...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Did you add to IGNITE_HOME to the path?

https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/getting-started#section-with-default-configuration

In case if you are going to create maven project then you still need to
download the binaries and set the IGNITE_HOME:

https://ignite.apache.org/download.cgi

BR,
Andrei