Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Sikha, Naresh" <Na...@schwab.com> on 2004/04/21 22:58:47 UTC

Unsuccessful at viewing XML output in a browser

Log4J Users,

I'm attempting to follow the recommended way for including the XML layout
output into an XML document. But whenever I attempt to view the XML document
in a browser I get errors (IE) or no data at all (Mozilla FireFox). Here is
the IE error:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and
then click the Refresh <javascript:location.reload()>  button, or try again
later.

  _____

Reference to undeclared namespace prefix: 'log4j'. Error processing resource
'file:///C:/log.dat'. Line 1, Position 139

<log4j:event logger="schwab.commons.logging.j2ee.LogFilter"
timestamp="1082580344566" level="WARN" thread="Servlet.Engine.Transports :
0">

I'm attaching the XML file and entity include. Hopefuly someone can spot an
error in my setup. Thanks!

  <http://agile.schwab.com/twiki/pub/JAFI/JafiTeamImages/logo-vertical.jpg>
Naresh Sikha
Principal Engineer, Technology Solutions
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
211 Main Street
SF211MN-07-347
San Francisco, CA 94105-1918
W: 415-667-1286
F: 415-667-9398
E: naresh.sikha@schwab.com
WARNING: All email sent to this address will be received by the Charles
Schwab & Co., Inc. corporate email system and is subject to archival and
review by someone other than the recipient.