Posted to commits@lucene.apache.org by "Robert Muir (Confluence)" <co...@apache.org> on 2013/08/23 21:09:00 UTC

[CONF] Apache Solr Reference Guide > Highlighting

Space: Apache Solr Reference Guide (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr)
Page: Highlighting (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Highlighting)
Comment: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Highlighting?focusedCommentId=34016739#comment-34016739

Comment added by Robert Muir:

How can I add docs for http://wiki.apache.org/solr/PostingsHighlighter here?

Already the two existing highlighters, thought they may share some parameters, have certain parameters that only apply to one or the other. They also have different relevant index-time configuration (e.g. normal highlighter can use term vectors too, but its not obvious from the naming of the things). I think mixing in a third highlighter would set it over the edge and make the page too confusing?

Maybe we should break each highlighter out into its own page/section, and have an intro that discusses the different tradeoffs between each one?

Stop watching space: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/users/removespacenotification.action?spaceKey=solr
Change email notification preferences: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/users/editmyemailsettings.action