Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Chandrasekhar Sanku <ch...@wipro.com> on 2004/08/03 06:21:19 UTC

RE: Memory Usage possibilities..... Urgent ....

Hi Pietschmann,

	Please find the description of my problem below.

	In the pdf creation process, content should be processed first
and then TOC. But in the generated pdf document, TOC should appear
first. Due to memory issues, I am following this approach.

	In the pdf document, I have to show the page x of xxx on each
page, and TOC along with page numbers. if I start the process with big
xml file, then its taking lot of memory due to references.

      Is there any way to reduce the memory usage?

	My idea is to processing the content first. So all the ids will
be created. Then if I start the processing of TOC, immediately I can get
the ids from the processed content. In this concern, I am assuming that
we can avoid forward references. So the memory usage will be reduced.

     Please correct me if I am wrong...

Thanks & Regards,
Chandrasekhar Sanku.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Chandrasekhar Sanku wrote:
> 	My idea is to processing the content first. So all the ids will
> be created. Then if I start the processing of TOC, immediately I can get
> the ids from the processed content. In this concern, I am assuming that
> we can avoid forward references. So the memory usage will be reduced.

If you have to use "page x of xxx" in th eusual way, there
is no way to reduce memory usage, no matter where you put
the TOC. The "of xxx" is already a forward reference.

Look at the postprocessing ideas or two pass processing, check
the FAQ for details.

J.Pietschmann