Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Gabowsky <re...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/19 19:17:53 UTC

Reliable camel routing with early reply and transactions

Hi everyone,

I am quite new to the camel world (but so far it's really appealing to me
:]), and I have read as much as possible regarding Request-Reply EIP &
transactions, but I have a bit more complex scenario to cover and I am not
sure whether I have got it right.

So my use case would be a WS client, for which I would like to give early
replies as soon as I have validated their input, and simultaneously I would
like to guarantee that no message is lost during the whole process, so I
would like to store them in a persistent JMS queue, and using transaction
from that onwards.

My initial camel context would be for that the following:

How reliable would be this approach? Could I make this somehow
smarter/better?

Thanks you in advance!

Re: Reliable camel routing with early reply and transactions

Posted by Gabowsky <re...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Claus, its indeed a more elegant way to do it! :)

Btw, I love your book, keep up the good work!

Gabor

Re: Reliable camel routing with early reply and transactions

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yeah you can send it as an InOnly to the JMS queue (event message)
http://camel.apache.org/event-message.html

from WS
  to validate
  to InOnly jms
  to setReplyMessage

from jms
  transacted
  to business logic

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 7:17 PM, Gabowsky <re...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am quite new to the camel world (but so far it's really appealing to me
> :]), and I have read as much as possible regarding Request-Reply EIP &
> transactions, but I have a bit more complex scenario to cover and I am not
> sure whether I have got it right.
>
> So my use case would be a WS client, for which I would like to give early
> replies as soon as I have validated their input, and simultaneously I would
> like to guarantee that no message is lost during the whole process, so I
> would like to store them in a persistent JMS queue, and using transaction
> from that onwards.
>
> My initial camel context would be for that the following:
>

> How reliable would be this approach? Could I make this somehow
> smarter/better?
>
> Thanks you in advance!

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.