Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org> on 2019/10/02 11:39:55 UTC

Re: Karaf-based App-Store

I am aware of one marketplace which is completely based on open source
stack - and it is used in .. no surprise .. openHAB. :-)

There is Eclipse Marketplace which offers some kid of listing of
resources which can be downloaded and installed in end-user environment.
The marketplace is a webservice, openhab have special client which
downloads bundles or KARs and tells karaf to install them.

Having said there is still a lot of things which are left unresolved -
such as payments and/or licensing.

Another marketplace which you might not be fully aware of is Atlassian -
their plugins are running with OSGi under the hood.

Cheers,
Łukasz

Re: Karaf-based App-Store

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
You're welcome :)

regards,

François
fpapon@apache.org

Re: Karaf-based App-Store

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.

Re: Karaf-based App-Store

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Yes that's it ;)

Re: Karaf-based App-Store

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi Francois,

Re: Karaf-based App-Store

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Hi Julian,

Re: Karaf-based App-Store

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.
The Eclipse stuff is based on Drupal thus it is bunch of forms, custom
content types to represent extension types and their "xml"
representations for integration needs.
I don't know much about it and how it is built internally, but I guess
it is kind of system made through available toolset. Far from perfect,
but working for Kura and other ecosystems.

A long time ago (around 2010) I was thinking of making an online
repository for feature repositories but idea have died somewhere between
other tasks.

Because Karaf can host diverse set of apps with various granularity
levels making an App-Store can be done in two ways - universal approach
which sticks to features/KARs or, something more customizable which will
be able to represent structuring of underlying modules - ie. transports,
integrations, UIs and so on.

Cheers,
Łukasz

Re: Karaf-based App-Store