Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Hisham Said <hi...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/15 13:57:38 UTC

PDFont.isSymbolic should fallback to false instead of true

Hello,

I believe the following lines should fallback to false instead of true.

https://github.com/apache/pdfbox/blob/trunk/pdfbox/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/pdmodel/font/PDFont.java#L401-L402

{
    // unless we can prove that the font is symbolic, we assume that it is
not
    isSymbolic = true;
}

Thought to let you know.

Best Regards,
Hisham

Re: PDFont.isSymbolic should fallback to false instead of true

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

Is this just an observation (and I agree that it makes sense), or do you
also have a PDF whose rendering is incorrect?

Tilman

Posted by Hisham Said <hi...@gmail.com>.
This is just an observation as I was debugging some code that was
trying to use the isSymbolic attribute of the font.