Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bruce Pease <bp...@wth.com> on 2013/03/27 15:16:42 UTC

Velocity Logging

I am using Wicket 1.4.22 with Tomcat 7.0.37 and JDK 1.6.0_33.  The recent
upgrade to Tomcat created an issue where the cannot

be undeployed unless the app is shut down due to the Wicket dependency
velocity logging in use (1.4).

We are running a web application under tomcat using the wicket framework.  A
requirement for Wicket is the velocity libraries.  The velocity framework is
auto loading and writing to a log in the conf directory.  Since it is in use
I am unable to undeploy the web application.  So, I am looking for a way to
turn off the velocity logging.  Previous version of tomcat does not have this
issue (7.0.26).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bruce D. Pease
Technical Team Lead - Web Applications
CruiseOne(r) <http://www.cruiseone.com/>  & Cruises Inc(tm)
<http://www.cruisesinc.com/>
1201 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 100
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309-1955
954-958-3654 (direct) | 954-958-3665 (fax)
bpease@wth.com <ma...@wth.com>

RE: Velocity Logging

Posted by Bruce Pease <bp...@wth.com>.
Since we are not using velocity we were able to remove the velocity
libraries, and this issue was resolved.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Tomcat support for JNDIRealm LDAPS connections

Posted by "Wilmoth, Jon" <Jo...@nordstrom.com>.
Thanks Felix.  You're correct for a single auth SSL connection the password was not required (I assume a mutual auth connection would work as well if the keystore for the client cert was physically different).  I assumed that since it was provided in the connector config (http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.html#SSL_Support) it would be required, but not the case!

Thanks again,
Jon

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Hi Jon,