Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by simer anand <si...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/10 10:30:34 UTC

problem after populating the repository

hello users

After  deploying and running the jackrabbit1.5.6 on tomcat6.0
i populated the repository through internet and then i found a lot of pages
on the "http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-1.5.6/repository/default"
(default is a workspace)
also observed that the size of the jackrabbit folder in tomcat's bin
directory
increased, and that must be due to population of pages from net.
Till this everything was fine

But when i executed the FirstHop  program it created it's own repository
 in the same folder in which the program was compiled and executed.

Now i need to know that when we run the SecondHop program then nodes
were created and data was sent and retrieved according to the program.
but this program must be communicating with the repository created by the
FirstHop program so is there any way to create a link between Second Hop
program nodes for storing and retrieving data stored in workspace.xml in
Jackrabbit folder in Tomcat's Bin directory.

Thank you in advance for any kind advice following
Waiting for reply

Re: problem after populating the repository

Posted by simer anand <si...@gmail.com>.
hello  users
Thank you for help

I did the same as mentioned in your answer to my query and
after adding the jackrabbit-jcr-rmi.jar file in classpath and
instead of using the new TransientRepository instantiation
method i substituted the : new
URLRemoteRepository("http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-1.5.6/rmi").
as asked me to do. And  I imported the  org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.repository
package. Everything is fine and after that i made my code run FirstHop
program and now it's not creating the new repository and giving the output
: Logged in as anonymous to a Jackrabbit repository.

Do i have to do any other settings.
As i have not done anything related with dependencies as following

<dependency>
  <groupId>javax.jcr</groupId>

  <artifactId>jcr</artifactId>
  <version>1.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.jackrabbit</groupId>
  <artifactId>jackrabbit-jcr-rmi</artifactId>

  <version>1.4</version>
</dependency>

That i read on apache's site

Also i need to know can you provide me some examples or some information
for  implementation of the org.apache.javax.core.security.AccessManager
& javax.security.auth.spi.LoginModule so that i can implement JAAS based
security.

Thank you in advance for any following advice

Re: problem after populating the repository

Posted by simer anand <si...@gmail.com>.
Thank you

Re: problem after populating the repository

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:30 AM, simer anand<si...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now i need to know that when we run the SecondHop program then nodes
> were created and data was sent and retrieved according to the program.
> but this program must be communicating with the repository created by the
> FirstHop program so is there any way to create a link between Second Hop
> program nodes for storing and retrieving data stored in workspace.xml in
> Jackrabbit folder in Tomcat's Bin directory.

The TransientRepository class you are using is giving you the new
repository. If you want to access the repository you've already
populated using the webapp, you have two options:

1) Once you have closed the webapp, you can access the underlying
directory directly by giving the TransientRepository class two
arguments, first the path to the repository.xml configuration file
created by the webapp and the second to the repository directory.

2) If you want to keep the webapp running, you can access the
repository remotely using the JCR-RMI layer. Make sure that you've
included the jackrabbit-jcr-rmi jar (you can find it in WEB-INF/lib of
the webapp) in your classpath, and replace the TransientRepository
instantiation with: new
URLRemoteRepository("http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-1.5.6/rmi").
You can import the URLRemoteRepository class from the
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.repository package.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: problem after populating the repository