Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Stefano Baghino <st...@radicalbit.io> on 2016/03/13 20:48:42 UTC

Application logging on YARN

There's another open thread on a similar situation but I'm not quite sure
this is completely related, so I'm opening a new one.

Is there a particular setting that has to be used when logging from an
application that is running in YARN? I quickly put together a simple
application that reads from and writes to Kafka, starting from the Maven
Java archetype. I didn't edit the log4j.properties coming with the
archetype, so it's currently using a ConsoleAppender, but I'm not sure on
how I should edit it in order to make it appear in the YARN aggregate logs;
as of now, yarn logs just show the TaskManager and JobManager logs, with no
signs of my logs appearing on them. Should I look elsewhere.

In the application I use SLF4J, like this:

private static final Logger logger = LoggerFactory.getLogger(Job.class);

To make sure I'm not just skipping the points where I log, I put error
level logs at the very first line of my application. Still nothing.

--
BR,
Stefano Baghino

Software Engineer @ Radicalbit

Re: Application logging on YARN

Posted by Stefano Baghino <st...@radicalbit.io>.
Ok, my bad, I was simply looking in the wrong place. I though the logs were
sent to YARN but they were actually stored in the Flink logs folder.
Problem solved, sorry for the mix up.