Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Manokaran K <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/16 16:46:52 UTC

reader_acl futon test fails

Hi all,

Am upgrading to couchdb-0.11 from couchdb-.10 on a Ubuntu system. I manually
removed the older version of couchdb and installed the latest version from
source. It installs without problems. But when I run the futon tests, the
'reader_acl' test always fails. Sometimes, the replication and
'view_collation' tests also fail.

How to resolve this?

thanks,
mano

--
Lord, give us the wisdom to utter words that are gentle and tender, for
tomorrow we may have to eat them.

Re: reader_acl futon test fails

Posted by Manokaran K <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 10:19 PM, Richy <kl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Manokaran,
>
> I had the reader_acl problem as well today, though there were more
> file-permissions to change then just /etc/couchdb
>
> Have a close look into INSTALL.unix, maybe this helps.
>
> Otherwise, give some output from /usr/local/var/couchdb/couchdb.log or
> wherever it may reside on your installation.

Hi,

I did change permissions to all files as mentioned in the documentation. But
I also read somewhere that browser based tests are not foolproof. So, am not
bothering too much about it now :-) . My app works on the latest version.

thanks,
mano

Re: reader_acl futon test fails

Posted by Richy <kl...@gmail.com>.
Hey Manokaran,

I had the reader_acl problem as well today, though there were more
file-permissions to change then just /etc/couchdb

Have a close look into INSTALL.unix, maybe this helps.

Otherwise, give some output from /usr/local/var/couchdb/couchdb.log or
wherever it may reside on your installation.

Best

Richard

Posted by Manokaran K <ma...@gmail.com>.