Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Asanka Sanjaya Herath <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/08 06:23:11 UTC

[GSOC] GCE Load Balancing Support For Stratos - weekly update

Hi All,

In this week I was committing my code to this[1] repository. I added basic
extension structure. I have written and tested methods for calling GCE API
in GCEOperations class. Authorization part is also completed. Currently I'm
writing logic for configure and start methods in GCELoadBalancer class. Any
comment or suggestion is highly appreciated.

[1].
https://github.com/asankasanjaya/stratos/tree/master/extensions/load-balancer/gce-extension

ASH

Re: [GSOC] GCE Load Balancing Support For Stratos - weekly update

Posted by Asanka Sanjaya Herath <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

We had the hangout today and discussed on following topics.

-Errors that I have done in existing code
-Faults in existing logic
-The logic of creating one forwarding rule and one target pool per cluster
-Issues related to port forwarding
-API calls related issues
-Target pool creation related issues
-How to get relevant instance name/ID from GCE
-How can we make the application as a standalone one
-Differences between ha-proxy extension and gce extension
-Exception handling

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 2:46 PM, Asanka Sanjaya Herath <an...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Isuru,
>
> Yes I'm happy to participate to the hangout. The time is OK for me.
>
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 2:43 PM, Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Asanka,
>>
>> Thanks for sharing. Shall we have a hangout on 10th (tomorrow) to discuss
>> the current state, any issues and modifications required? Is 3.00 PM IST ok
>> for you?
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 9:53 AM, Asanka Sanjaya Herath <angal.sh@gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> In this week I was committing my code to this[1] repository. I added
>>> basic extension structure. I have written and tested methods for calling
>>> GCE API in GCEOperations class. Authorization part is also completed.
>>> Currently I'm writing logic for configure and start methods in
>>> GCELoadBalancer class. Any comment or suggestion is highly appreciated.
>>>
>>> [1].
>>> https://github.com/asankasanjaya/stratos/tree/master/extensions/load-balancer/gce-extension
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thanks,