Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Suma Shivaprasad <su...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/03 17:05:02 UTC

QueueMetrics.AppsKilled/Failed metrics and failure reasons

Hello,

Was trying to debug reasons for Killed/Failed apps and was checking for the
applications that were killed/failed in RM logs - from RMAuditLogger.
QueueMetrics.AppsKilled/Failed metrics shows much higher nos i.e ~100.
However RMAuditLogger shows 1 or 2 Apps as Killed/Failed in the logs. Is it
possible that some logs are missed by AuditLogger or is it the other way
round and metrics are being reported higher ?

Thanks
Suma

Re: QueueMetrics.AppsKilled/Failed metrics and failure reasons

Posted by Suma Shivaprasad <su...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your inputs. The cluster Metrics API is giving correct numbers
for the failed/killed apps and is matching with the RM audit logs and we
are planning to use that instead.

Suma

Posted by Suma Shivaprasad <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Suma Shivaprasad <su...@gmail.com>.