Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Prasi S <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/10 07:21:51 UTC

Solr standard score

Hi,
I have a requirement to standardize solr scores. For example,

docs with score > 7   Most relevant
docs with score <7 and >4  Moderate
docs with score <4  Less relevant.

But in the real scenario this does not happen, as in few scenarios the top
document may have a score of 3.5.

Can i have the scores standardized in someway ( by index/query boosting) so
that i can achieve this.

Thanks,
Prasi

Re: Solr standard score

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
The scores cannot be normalized that way. You can try, but it just isn't going to work the way you expect. Tell the people who wrote this requirement that it isn't possible.

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ScoresAsPercentages

wunder