Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lilia <xl...@mail2000.com.tw> on 2007/11/04 16:57:23 UTC

Tomcat 6 SSL settings: "ciphers" parameter doesn't work?

Hello all,

I use Tomcat 6.0.14, using SSL.
In http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/ssl-howto.html , it says "ciphers  	The comma separated list of encryption ciphers that this socket is allowed to use. By default, any available cipher is allowed."
I try to limit my cipher to "TLS_RSA_WITH_DES_CBC_SHA,TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA", but it seems fail....... because when I set ciphers="foo,bar", SSL still work well.

Does anyone have experience with "ciphers" parameter? Is it possible to limit ciphers allowed?

Lilia

Re: Tomcat 6 SSL settings: "ciphers" parameter doesn't work?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Lilia wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with "ciphers" parameter? Is it possible to limit ciphers allowed?
Haven't checked for a while, but it worked the last time I looked. Are you
restarting Tomcat after you change server.xml?

Mark