Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by John van Barneveld <jv...@bigpond.com> on 2018/12/07 03:50:08 UTC

Formatting cells

I use 4.1.5 on Win10.

Is it possible to set numeric formatting so that 4 decimal places are
displayed and if the value in a cell is zero then that cell displays as
Blank.

Thanks
John van Barneveld

---

Re: Formatting cells

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 03:50 07/12/2018 +0000, John van Barneveld wrote:
>I use 4.1.5 on Win10. Is it possible to set numeric formatting so
>that 4 decimal places are displayed and if the value in a cell is
>zero then that cell displays as Blank.

Yes; enter
[=0]"";0.0000
into the "Format code" box.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Formatting cells

Posted by David Robley <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 7/12/18 2:46 pm, Brian Barker wrote:
> At 03:50 07/12/2018 +0000, John van Barneveld wrote:
>> I use 4.1.5 on Win10. Is it possible to set numeric formatting so
>> that 4 decimal places are displayed and if the value in a cell is
>> zero then that cell displays as Blank.
>
> Yes; enter
> [=0]"";0.0000
> into the "Format code" box.
>
> I trust this helps.
>
> Brian Barker

> For more information on format options, search number format in the
> Help - F1

Cheers
--
David Robley

"I'm building up my muscles," Tom insinuated.