Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by damitha kumarage <da...@opensource.lk> on 2004/08/10 13:25:47 UTC

Vote for Axis C++ 1.3 Release Plan

Axis C++ 1.3 Release Plan

This is the release plan for Axis C++ version 1.3. This version will
have changes since 1.2, including critical bug fixes and tests. The main
goal is to provide a more stable release than version 1.2.

Changes from 1.2 to 1.3:

    - Libwww client transport support
    - Improvements to wsdl2ws tool
          Synchronizing the wsdl2ws tool with the latest Axis java
          Support for non-wrapped style code generation for doclit type
wsdls

    - Namespace support
    - Simpler build and deploying process in Linux
    - Clear separation of API and non API header files

Release Criteria:

    - Functional tests pass
    - Test on installation procedures
    - Test on different versions of Apache web server (1.3.xx, 2.0.xx)
    - Test with different parsers (Expat, Xercesc)
    - Test samples on different platforms (Linux, Microsoft Windows)

Dates:
The following dates are proposed:

    Release alpha version            Friday, 13th August 2004
    Release beta version             Tuesday, 31st August 2004
    Release 1.3                      Friday, 10th September 2004

I volunteer to be the Release Manager for this release.

Thanks
On behalf of the team
Damitha Kumarage

OT [Re: Vote for Axis C++ 1.3 Release Plan

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

>+1!
>
>FYI (for future VOTEs) .. it is customary to write the word as "VOTE"
>rather than "Vote" or "vote" .. beats the hell out of me why (I don't
>think its an acronym in Apache land) but that's the way its done. :-)

maybe because then it looks more like HTTP verb (GET, POST, VOTE?) :)

alek

Re: Vote for Axis C++ 1.3 Release Plan

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
+1!

FYI (for future VOTEs) .. it is customary to write the word as "VOTE"
rather than "Vote" or "vote" .. beats the hell out of me why (I don't
think its an acronym in Apache land) but that's the way its done. :-)

Sanjiva.

Posted by sanjaya singharage <sa...@opensource.lk>.
+1
sanjaya.

Posted by Roshan Weerasuriya <ro...@opensource.lk>.
+1

Posted by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk>.
+1

Susantha
---

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.

+1

Thanks for taking on the role of RM !

John Hawkins

             damitha kumarage
             <damitha@opensour
             ce.lk>                                                     To
                                       axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
             10/08/2004 12:25                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Vote for Axis C++ 1.3 Release Plan
              "Apache AXIS C
             Developers List"

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
+1