Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Karen Church <ka...@ucd.ie> on 2005/10/25 23:14:54 UTC

Outlinks?

Hi,

I have a strange question regarding outlinks. I have crawled the same page on two consecutive days. On the first day the page has 10 outlinks but on the 2nd day no outlinks are generated/recorded.  However the content of the page hasn't changed. Can anyone suggest a reason for this??? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Karen

Re: Outlinks?

Posted by Karen Church <ka...@ucd.ie>.
Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: Outlinks?

Posted by Karen Church <ka...@ucd.ie>.
Hi Andrzej,

Thanks for the reply. Regarding the outlink limit - I thought it was a limit
of 100 outlinks per page by default? And in these cases the first 100
outlinks are stored. I have a few pages like this in the crawl database. The
problem I'm having is the outlink object is empty for a some pages when on
previous days the outlink object wasn't empty and contained outlinks.

At the moment I'm using the following code in my FOR loop while reading the
segment to make sure that I ignore pages that couldn't be fetched and pages
that could not be parsed....

if(fetcherOutput.getStatus() != FetcherOutput.SUCCESS)
{
    continue;
}

I've also checked the status of a couple of pages whose outlinks are missing
and they all appear to have a SUCCESS status.

Regards,
Karen

Re: Outlinks?

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.