Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Milan Das <md...@interset.com> on 2018/10/30 01:51:02 UTC

Controller Service not loading ERROR: The service APIs should not be bundled with the implementations.

Hello NIFI Dev,

I am trying to add two  new controller services. Getting an error with one of the controller services. I am not sure what went wrong.

I am guessing it is pssoibly nifi jar maven dependencies scope I have added. Like nifi-hbase-client-service-api, nifi-distributed-cache-client-service-api

2018-10-29 21:35:17,614 WARN [main] org.apache.nifi.nar.ExtensionManager Controller Service com.interset.nifi.hbase.CDHHBase_ClientService is bundled with its supporting APIs com.interset.nifi.hbase.CDHHBaseClientService. The service APIs should not be bundled with the implementations.

2018-10-29 21:35:17,614 ERROR [main] org.apache.nifi.nar.ExtensionManager Skipping Controller Service com.interset.nifi.hbase.CDHHBase_ClientService because it is bundled with its supporting APIs and requires instance class loading.

2018-10-29 21:35:21,523 WARN [main] o.a.n.d.html.HtmlDocumentationWriter Could not link to com.interset.nifi.hbase.CDHHBase_ClientService because no bundles were found

Thanks,

Milan Das

Re: Controller Service not loading ERROR: The service APIs should not be bundled with the implementations.

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.
Hi Milan,

I assume you put both of the ControllerServices interface and
implementation classes into the same NAR file.
You need to separate those into different NARs.
Please refer nifi-standard-services-api-nar (interfaces) and
nifi-distributed-cache-client-sevices-nar (implementations).

Thanks,
Koji