Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Maza, Mohamed" <Mo...@parexel.com> on 2003/06/08 12:08:32 UTC

RE: Problem with Database

Hi,

Sorry should have written these info in the first mail, I have:
James v2.1.3
Oracle v9.21
Oracle Drivers 1.4 (not sure here the file name is: ojdbc14.jar got this
file a few days ago from the oracle web site)
Windows XP Professional
J2SE v 1.4.2 Beta
Oh and james is running under Phoenix 4.0.1(downloaded the sar file).

Well like I said if the database does not contain the tables, james works
good, so I think it's just a configuration problem, but I could be wrong, so
please help me.
And thanks for the quick response...

Regards,
Mohamed

RE: Problem with Database

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
I will asssume that you are capable for writing some standalone Java code.
One JDBC sample program for Oracle can be found here, and adapted for your
purposes:

http://www.sba.oakland.edu/faculty/mathieson/mis426/resources/sample_program
s/jdbc_oracle/default.asp

You need to open a connection to the database using the Oracle driver, and
then call:

 DatabaseMetaData dbMetaData = conn.getMetaData();
 boolean exists = theJDBCUtil.tableExists(dbMetaData, tableName);
 System.out.println("TABLE " + tableName + " does" +
                    (exists ? " " : " not ") +
                    "exist.");

Copy the JDBCUtil class from James, and add this to your test driver:

 theJDBCUtil =
     new JDBCUtil() {
         protected void delegatedLog(String logString) {
             System.out.println("JDBCMailRepository: " + logString);
         }
     };

Let us know the results.  I don't imagine that Oracle would ship a badly
broken JDBC driver, but your symptoms indicate that JDBC isn't telling James
that the tables exist.

	--- Noel