Posted to user@flume.apache.org by João Ascenso <jo...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/20 18:03:58 UTC

Parsing log data

Greetings,

I'm currently storing log data using flume -> hdfs and was looking for a
way to alter the log data from the normal string format to a json
representation (and possibly in the future store in hbase).

Is there any component in flume that i can use for this modification? i
remember seeing in the old documentation that you could use decorators, but
never found a good example or even if i can still use that in flume 1.x

-------------------
João Ascenso

Re: Parsing log data

Posted by João Ascenso <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, i'll check the 2 interceptor present to try to build my own json
interceptor.

As recommendation, should i use flume 1.3 for interceptors and hbase
serializers or the 1.2 already has it mature enough?

João Ascenso

Re: Parsing log data

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.