Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/13 16:47:24 UTC

New x:schedule component

Ladies and gentlemen, I finished the porting of the brand new
x:schedule component to myfaces and the result is very promissing.
Congratulations to Jurgen Lust for this component!
There is work to be done, bugs to be found, but anyway, you can start
playing with it. I provide three patches: one for the sandbox classes,
one for a extremely simple example and one for the necessary update in
the build.xml if you want to compile the examples (the example backing
been for this components needs to use classes from the sandbox
subproject, like the model).
Jurgen and I have been exchanging mails with patches and code. It will
be easier to provide now patches if the component is in the myfaces
codebase.
There is a second component under way, the x:planner, you might see
that it is already in the  sandbox tld, but it does not work right now
because we have concentrated in the schedule. Jurgen and I will
provide new documentation for this (Jurgen, you told me so ;-), you
can create some wiki help if you want, tutorials, etc), but, in the
meanwhile, take a look at the example... in the sandbox.war
Right now there are also some style limitations (some styles are
hardcoded) and this is something that might change in the future...

Best regards,

Bruno

Re: New x:schedule component

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
I will commit them right away, boy, I am curious ;)

regards,

Martin

Re: New x:schedule component

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
This is great! - I just gave it a testride, comments below ;)

a wonderful component, neat backend model, everything packed together
with a very good example, and (it get's even better: everything is
superbly documented in the source).

Now thanks for this outstanding work, gentlemen!

Re: New x:schedule component

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: New x:schedule component

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.